- 250g cauliflower florets
- 40ml smoky bbq marinade
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 4 serves McCain Sweet Potato Wedges
- 40g baby rocket
- 1/2 avocado, smashed
- Pecans, toasted and roughly chopped, to serve
- Lemon and/or lime wedges, to serve
- Tahini maple dressing (Makes about 250ml)
- 120g tahini
- 40g maple syrup
- 80ml lemon juice
- 40ml mild olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To make the tahini maple dressing, whisk all of the ingredients together in a bowl until combined and smooth. Season to taste. Note that the sauce may thicken on standing – add a little water to loosen if necessary. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan-forced. Place the cauliflower on a large lined baking tray and toss with the marinade, then spread into a single layer. Drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Roast for 20–25 minutes or until the cauliflower is well browned around the edges and just tender.
- Preheat the frying oil to 175°C. Deep fry the wedges from frozen. Cook 1/3 basket (approx. 700g) of product for 3 1/4 – 3 3/4 minutes. Shake to remove excess oil. When using smaller amounts reduce cooking time. Do not overcook.
- Scatter the rocket over a serving dish and pile with the wedges. Top with the cauliflower, dollop with the avocado and scatter with pecans. Drizzle with the dressing or serve it in a small pot on the side with the lemon wedges.
TIP: For flexitarians/non-vegans add shredded BBQ chicken or grilled lamb cutlets.